Lake Shore Limited: Framingham, MA
The Framingham Railroad Station is a Romanesque structure designed by H.H. Richardson and built by the Boston and Albany Railroad in 1885. Ridership and service at the station slowly declined over the 20th century and by the 1970s the building fell into serious disrepair. Amtrak Lake Shore Limited service at the station debuted in 1975, a few days after the MBTA ended service to Worcester and terminated at Framingham. The building was restored in 1985 and has been occupied by a succession of restaurants.
The current platforms and footbridge just to the East opened in 2001 to provide more-spacious access that conforms to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.