The Bay Ridge Line crosses into Queens over Cooper Avenue and Wycoff
Avenue on a 96-foot steel girder bridge from 1913, leaving
the cemetery behind to the southeast. The IRT Canarsie Line (L train)
goes underground at this point, crossing under the Bay Ridge Line
and heading northwest under Wycoff Avenue. St. Felix Avenue
parallels the east side of the line for a few blocks.
A station here on the Bay Ridge Line opened in 1883, with the name changed to
Ridgewood in 1884 and to Cypress Avenue Station in 1891. The bridge is
an 85-foot steel stringer built in 1913. There is a bricked-in arch in the
bridge wall that seems to have been a stairway up to the station platform.
A picture from 1914
shows the elevated line through the area with no station house and,
presumably, an at-grade boarding area.