Introduction to Community Analyst
This is an introductory tutorial on the use of ESRI's Community Analyst web app. Community Analyst brings together a vast array of community demographic and economic information to make performing common types of community planning more effective and less tedious than it would be using general-purpose GIS tools like ArcMap.
For this example we will perform site suitability analysis to evaluate hypothetical potential sites for a new senior recreation center in the City of Spokane, WA.
- Log in and creating a new project (0:50)
- Import existing locations (1:20)
- Perform initial suitability analysis (2:30)
- Explore potentially underserved areas - smart map search (3:55)
- Find a potential location and area for a report (4:50)
- Rerun the suitability analysis (6:15)
- Generate graphics and reports
- Map image (6:45)
- Run reports (demographic summary) (7:40)
- Comparison reports (8:25)
- Infographics (9:50)