Glover Cary Bridge
The Glover H. Cary Bridge is a continuous truss bridge that spans the Ohio River between Owensboro, Kentucky and Spencer County, Indiana. The bridge opened to traffic in September 1940.
The bridge originally connected Kentucky Highway 75 and Indiana Highway 75. In 1954 KY 75 was renamed US Highway 431 and IN 75 was renamed US Highway 231. With the opening of the William H. Natcher Bridge, the leg of Highway 231 crossing this bridge was renamed State Road 161.
The bridge is named for Kentucky Democratic congressman Glover H. Cary (1885-1936) who served in the House of Representatives from 1931 until his death in 1936.
Next: Griffin Road Spring River Bridge