Richardson Romanesque structure built by the Michigan Central
Railroad as three separate buildings. Underwent a $13M restoration
and reconstruction for use as an intermodal hub that opened in 2006.
The Michigan Central Railroad arrived in Kalamazoo in 1846, followed
by the Lake Shore (1867), Grand Rapids and Indiana (1870),
South Haven (1870), and the Fruit Belt (1906). In 1912,
75 passenger trains departed Kalamazoo daily.