Importing GPX Files in ArcMap
GPS Exchange Format (GPX) is a widely-used file format used to store and share GPS data. Many GPS-enabled devices store tracking information in GPX files, and you can download a multitude of free smartphone apps to generate and share GPX files.
This tutorial demonstrates how to import and map GPX data in ArcMap.
The GPX file used in this tutorial may be downloaded HERE...
- Running the GPX to Features tool (0:48)
- Add a Base Map and add a projection (1:34)
- Change symbology (2:12)
- Page setup (2:28)
- Format the data frame in Layout View (2:54)
- Export to PNG and import into your document (3:32)
- Causes of GPS deviation (4:36)
- Creating an inset map (4:57)
- Adding callout graphics (6:14)
- Export combined map (7:23)
- Save your workspace (7:55)