2012-2016 New York State Cancer Incidence and Mortality by County
New York State Department of Health, New York State Cancer Registry. 2019. "Cancer Incidence and Mortality for New York State, 2012-2016." Accessed 14 July 2019. https://www.health.ny.gov/statistics/cancer/registry/countylist.htm.
US Census Bureau. 2019. "Cartographic Boundary Files - Shapefile." Accessed 14 July 2019. https://www.census.gov/geographies/mapping-files/time-series/geo/carto-boundary-file.2017.html.
For each cancer site (organ), the following columns are given:
- Avg Annual Cases
- Cases per 100K
- Cases MOE
- Avg Annual Deaths
- Deaths per 100K
- Deaths MOE
Columns are provided for the following cancer sites, with shortened names followed by the names from the original data.
- Total: All Invasive Malignant Tumors
- Oral: Oral cavity and pharynx
- Esophagus: Esophagus
- Stomach: Stomach
- Colorectal: Colorectal
- Colon: Colon excluding rectum
- Rectum: Rectum & rectosigmoid
- Liver: Liver / intrahepatic bile duct
- Pancreas: Pancreas
- Larynx: Larynx
- Lung: Lung and bronchus
- Melanoma: Melanoma of the skin
- Breast: Female breast
- Cervix: Cervix uteri
- Uterus: Corpus uterus and NOS
- Ovary: Ovary
- Prostate: Prostate
- Testis: Testis
- Bladder: Urinary bladder (incl. in situ)
- Kidney: Kidney and renal pelvis
- Brain: Brain and other central nervous system
- Thyroid: Thyroid
- Hod Lymphoma: Hodgkin lymphoma
- NH Lymphoma: Non-Hodgkin lymphomas
- Myeloma: Myeloma
- Leukemia: Leukemias
Incidence data are provisional, November 2018.
Revised: February 2019.
Rates for Female breast, Cervix uteri, Corpus uterus and NOS, and Ovary are for females only
Rates for Prostate and Testis are for males only
Rates are per 100,000 persons, age-adjusted to the 2000 US standard population, with 95% confidence intervals.
Rates based on fewer than 4 cases or deaths per year are unstable and should be used with caution.
NOS = Not otherwise specified.