Architect: Horace Trumbauer
The theatre was designed by Horace Trumbauer (who also designed the Philadelphia Museum of Art) as a vaudeville and film house. The theatre was remodeled in 1955 for Cinemascope and hosted area premiers of most big-budget films of the '50s and '60s. The Keswick closed in the Spring of 1980 and was slated for demolition. The non-profit Glenside Landmarks Society formed to operate the theare as a performing arts center, reopening the theatre from 1981 through 1985. The theatre reopened in March 1988 under private ownership and has undergone incremental renovations while becoming increasingly active as a concert venue. (3/31/2006)
A diplomat looks for what does good. A bureaucrat does for what looks good.