Tarrytown Music Hall
Architect: Phillip Edmunds
Built by William L. Wallace, a local chocolate manufacturer. Queen Anne decorative brickwork. Originally had a flat interior floor and was used for events as well as concerts and plays. Began showing silent films in 1901. Renovated in 1915 to move the entrance and install a proscenium stage and sloped floor. Renovated in 1925 with an Art Deco interior. Saved from demolition in 1980 by Friends of the Mozartina and established as a center for the performing arts. (5/21/02)
They're not "Rednecks." They're "Appalachian-Americans."