Bergen Performing Arts Center
Built by the Reade chain as a movie-vaudeville house and opened as the Englewood Plaza Theatre on November 22, 1926. Served as a movie house until being closed by United Artists in 1973. Reopened as a live performance venue in 1976 through the efforts of local organist, teacher and impresario John Harms, after whom it was renamed. Underwent two major renovation projects in the 1990s. Briefly closed in 2003. Reopened and renamed in 2004 by BergenPAC, a community group led by Frank Huttle III. (4/14/02)
Saying it louder doesn't make it any more true.