346 North Neil Street
Architects: Cornelius W. Rapp and George Leslie Rapp
Opened on the site of an earlier Orpheum Theatre built in 1904 as a vaudeville house. Interior is a 1/3 scale of the opera hall at Versailles. Received a dramatic remodeling in 1967 and closed in 1986. Reopened in 1994 as a children's museum.
The Enlightenment is dead, Marxism is dead, the working class movement is dead...and the author does not feel very well either. (Neil Smith)