Chicago Palace Theatre

151 West Randolph Street

Chicago, IL

Opened: 4 October 1926

Seats: 2,500

Architects: Cornelius W. and George L. Rapp

This house opened as the flagship of the Orpheum Vaudeville Circuit. Film presentation was added in 1931, eventually supplanting live performance. In the face of competition from television in the 1950s, the theatre installed Cinerama equipment and sporadically presented live performances. In the 1970s, the Bismark Hotel used the room as a banquet hall and in 1984 the theatre was returned to use as a live venue for popular music acts. The theatre was completely renovated for live theatrical performance in the late 1990s and reopened in the fall of 1999 with the premier of Elton John's Aida. (reference)

12/20/2007 15:56:08
Chicago Palace Theatre
12/20/2007 15:56:37
Chicago Palace Theatre
12/20/2007 15:57:57
Chicago Palace Theatre