Kalamazoo Transportation Center
Opened: 1887 / 2006
Architects: Cyrus Eidlitz (1887); Wendal Duchsuherer and Kingscott Associates (2006)
Richardson Romanesque structure built by the Michigan Central Railroad as three separate buildings. Underwent a $13M restoration and reconstruction for use as an intermodal hub that opened in 2006. The Michigan Central Railroad arrived in Kalamazoo in 1846, followed by the Lake Shore (1867), Grand Rapids and Indiana (1870), South Haven (1870), and the Fruit Belt (1906). In 1912, 75 passenger trains departed Kalamazoo daily.
All paper currencies return to their intrinsic value - zero. (Voltaire)