The Crescent: Meridian Union Station (Southbound)
1901 Front Street
Meridian became a major rail junction in the mid 19th century and a Mission Revival Style depot was built here in 1906. It was almost entirely demolished in the late 1940s and in 1966. In 1991, the city was awarded $5.1 million in federal ISTEA funds to reconstruct the depot as a multimodal facility, which was dedicated on 11 December 1997.