Capitol Limited: Cumberland, MD and Martinsburg, WV
Cumberland, MD was built on the site of Fort Cumberland, which was built in 1754 and named after the son of King George II, Prince William, the Duke of Cumberland. The town was incorporated in 1815.
Martinsburg, WV was founded in 1778 and named after Thomas Bryan Martin. The Baltimore and Ohio RR reached Martinsburg in 1842. The surviving maintenance buildings were constructed from 1866 to 1872 and remained in active service until 1988. The roundhouse was designated a national historic landmark in 2003.