S.R. Smith Infirmary
Castleton Avenue at Oxford Place, Staten Island
The Smith Infirmary designed by Alfred E. Barlow and opened in 1890. The Ruskinian Gothic building was named after a local physician. The facility became Staten Island hospital and added additional buildings. The hospital moved in 1979 to Dongan Hills and abandoned this structure and the adjacent pavillion. (Forgotten-NY.com).
The castle was deemed a hazard and demolished in March of 2012 (AbandonedNYC.com).
Next: Upper West Side