Architect: Thomas White Lamb
This vaudeville and film house underwent a significant renovation in 1958 (that halved seating capacity) and subdivided into a twin theatre in 1968. The theatre was finally was sold in 1987 and demolished to make way for the existing Skidmore, Owings & Merrill-designed Bertelsmann Building that opened in the late 1990s. The Virgin Megastore in the building's base included a 4-screen theatre that unprofitably bore the "Loews State" name and quickly closed.
Next: Loew's Victoria Theatre