17 Irving Place at East 15th Street
Irving Plaza is a 1,200-person club/ballroom that was built in 1914. Over the years it has reputedly served as a cabaret hall, boxing ring, Yiddish Theatre, Polish Army Veterans headquarters, burlesque house, swing dance hall, pay-per-view theater, Off-Broadway theatre and rock concert venue. Oddly, however, there isn't much specific about the building's history on the web. In 2007 it was renamed after the long-defunct and legendary 1970s concert venue, Fillmore East, which was located in the East Village on Second Avenue and was gutted to create an apartment complex.
Next: Jane Street Theater