Harry du Jur Playhouse / Abrons Art Center
465 Grand Street (South of Delancey at Pitt Street)
The Henry Street Settlement was founded in 1893 by social work pioneer Lillian Wald to deliver social services and arts programming. The Neighborhood Playhouse was built in 1915 and was one of the first "Little Theaters" in New York City. The theatre was later renamed after Harry De Jur, a board member who had attended the settlement as a boy. The Abrons Art Center was built in 1975 adjacent to the Playhouse.