Helen Hayes Theatre

Opened 1912
210 West 46th Street
Built as the Little Theatre.

Served as New York Times Hall, a conference hall, from 1941-1959. Returned to legitimate theatre in 1963. Renamed Winthrop Ames Theatre for one year in 1964 after legendary producer. Renamed after actress Helen Hayes in 1983 after a previous Helen Hayes theatre, the former Follies-Bergere Theatre (210 W 46th St, 1911-1982), was demolished in 1982 to make way for the Marriott Marquis and the Marquis Theatre. Notable productions include: The Subject was Roses (1964), The Nerd (1987), Romance Romance (1988), Prelude to a Kiss (1990), Last Night of Ballyhoo (1997), Dirty Blonde (2000).

Helen Hayes Theatre
1/23/2002 12:00 AM
Helen Hayes Theatre