261 West 47th Street
Built by the Chanin Brothers. Bought by CBS in 1952. Returned to legitimate theatre use in 1958. Stood vacant from 1987 and severly damaged by fire. Purchased and completely renovated by the Manhattan Theatre Club in 2002. Notable productions include The Heiress (1947), Barefoot in the Park, Hair (1968), The Robber Bridegroom (1976), The Effect of Gamma Rays (1978), The American Clock (1980), Deathtrap (1982), Doonsbury (1983).
Next: Booth Theatre