234 W 42nd Street
Architect: Thomas White Lamb
Built as the Eltinge 42nd Street Theatre. Converted to films in 1942 and renamed Laff Movie. Renamed after the demolished Empire Theatre (1430 B'way 1893-1953) in 1954. The bulk of the theatre was moved 170 feet west on 42nd street, with the former seating areas and proscenium forming the ticket lobby of a completely new 25-screen, 5,000 seat movie theatre that was part of the redevelopment of 42nd Street in the mid 90's.