(click on thumbnails to enlarge)
West of East Drive around 80th Street - southeast corner of The Great Lawn
Stanislaw K. Ostrowski (1879-1947) created King Jagiello for the Polish pavillion at the 1939 New York World's Fair and the statue stayed in New York during World War II. It was presented to the city in July, 1945 by the King Jagiello Monument Committee and permanently placed in the park with the cooperation of Poland's last pre-communist consul, Kazimierz Krasicki.
All contents of this site © 1997-2012 by Michael Minn except where otherwise specifically noted. All rights reserved.