Overseas Service League Flagpole

Fifth Avenue at 69th Street (East Green)

The Women's Overseas Service League was formed in 1921 by the community of Red Cross nurses who served in the first World War and functioned as a self-help group to provide assistance to members who did not get the same benefits as male soldiers.

There is no historical sign associated with this flagpole, although from the inscription it can be assumed that it was erected in the late 1940s relatively soon after the end of World War II.

10/23/2007 15:49:27
Overseas Service League Flagpole
10/23/2007 15:51:21
Overseas Service League Flagpole
10/23/2007 15:51:43
Overseas Service League Flagpole

Next: Pilgrim