Built in 1860 by Calvert Vaux
Wood and steel beam pedestrian bridge
Carries a park path over Bank Rock Bay, on the northern edge of The Lake around West 79th Street
The original Oak Bridge featured cast iron balustrades and yellow pine floorboards. Having lapsed into disrepair, it was replaced by the unadorned, purely functional Bank Rock Bridge in 1982. Since what goes around comes around, in 2007, the Bank Rock Bridge was removed during a remodeling of Bank Rock Bay, and replaced with a replica of the original Oak Bridge.
Next: Pine Bank Arch (BIN 2246010)