Built in 1860 by Calvert Vaux
Stone arch vehicle bridge (sandstone, cast stone, schist and greywacke)
Carries West Drive over a small stream that empties into the Lake near the west 77th Street entrance to the park
The Balcony Bridge is named for its two seating bays. It proved to be one of the harder bridges in the park to photograph since it largely hidden by vegetation on both sides.
Next: Bethesda Terrace