This house was built around 1785 by Quaker farmer Charles Doughty. It was subsequently purchased and named by Doughty's son-in-law, Joseph King in 1801. The house was originally located on what is now 155th Street and was moved in 1923 and 1968 to make way for new development. It was the first Queens building to be declared a NYC Landmark (1965) and became home to the Queens Historical Society.
Next: The Little Red Lighthouse