The New Brighton station was located at Richmond Terrace and Jersey Street. No trace remains, although there are a couple of small derelict old buildings in the general vicinity.
The former U.S. Gypsum plant (561 Richmond Terrace) originally opened in 1876 as the Jerome B. King Plaster Mill. U.S. Gypsum bought the plant from Windsor Plaster Mills in 1924 (Lundrigan and Navarra 1999). Eastern Salt Company (a.k.a. Eastern Minerals) purchased the 10-acre property in 1976 and opened Atlantic Salt, a depot for road de-icing salt used across New York City, New York State, New Jersey and Connecticut. (Cleaton 2009)
The ROW is reputedly intact through the Atlantic Salt facilities, although no trackwork is obvious and there are massive piles of rock salt on the west side of the site over what presumably is the ROW. Restoring ROW through this area would likely involve relocating Atlantic Salt, demolishing the old plant, and/or elevating the ROW above whatever operations remain there. In the event of eviction, the proximity of this area to the densely populated areas around St. George make it an excellent potential site for a waterfront park.
Next: Snug Harbor