Flatlands / Vanderveer Park / Nostrand Avenue Station
The Brooklyn IRT line
(2 and 5 trains) terminates at the intersection of Flatbush Avenue and
Nostrand Avenue, just north of the freight rail tracks. Triangle Junction,
a new retail building housing a Target store was built just to the south
of the IRT station betweeen Avenue H, Flatbush and Nostrand. The rear part
of the parking garage for the building extends over the freight tracks.
Presumably, a new station would be built under the parking garage
or (more likely) to the west on the site of a fresh produce market
that would be seized with eminent domain. A pedestrian tunnel
could then connect the two stations.
During the Manhattan Beach Railroad days the
sat somewhere east of Nostrand Avenue - perhaps where Triangle Junction
is now. The name was changed to Vanderveer Park in 1899 and it lasted
until passenger service terminated in 1924.