Church of the Holy Communion
656 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10010
Architect: Richard Upjohn
This brownstone Gothic Revival building was built between 1844 and 1845. The parish house and rectory followed in 1853 and the Sister's House in 1854. The structure was landmarked in 1966. In 1975 the parish merged with Calvary Church and St. George's Church, and this structure was deconsecrated. It subsequently served as a cultural center, drug rehab center, nightclub, and high-end shopping venue.
Next: Church of the Holy Trinity