2090 Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard (7th Avenue btw 124/125th Streets)
The Hotel Theresa was designed designed by George and Edward Blum in 1910 and opened in 1913. It became known as the "Waldorf of Harlem", although it catered primarily to white patrons until the 1940s. It closed in 1966 and reopened as the an office building called Theresa Towers. The building later came to be used as adjunct campuses for Touro College, the Borough of Manhattan Community College and Columbia University Teachers College.
Next: Manhattan Grit Chamber