Chapel of the Good Shepherd
The New York Episcopal Mission Society commissioned Frederick Clark Withers to design this church for the island. The chapel opened in 1889 and served the poor and ill that inhabited the island at the time. With the redevelopment of the island in the mid 1970s, the church was restored and became home to both Catholic and Protestant congregations and is also used for community events.
Next: Strecker Laboratory / City Hospital