Flushing Town Hall
Flushing Town Hall is a Romanesque Revival building that originally housed an assembly hall and city offices. In the late 19th century a theatre was added. In 1902 it began serving as a courthouse.
It was given landmark status in 1967 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972, but subsequently went through a couple of decades of abandonment. In 1990 the non-profit Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts (FCCA) was chosen to manage the building, and after an $8 million renovation, the first floor reopened in 1993 and the Great Hall Theatre reopened in 1999.
Next: Bowne House