Grand Central Terminal
Grand Central Terminal was built between 1903 and 1913 for the New York Central Railroad on the site of two previous stations dating back to 1871. The design was by a partnership of the firms of Charles A. Reed (1858-1911), Allen H. Stem (1856-1931), Whitney Warren (1864=1943) and Charles Wetmore (1866-1941). The terminal covers 48 acres and has 67 tracks along 44 platforms (with planned expansion to 48 platforms) on two levels.
Next: Lever House