Villard Houses

Opened: 1882

Architects: McKim, Mead and White

This block of six townhouses was built for Henry Villard and patterned after the Palazzo Della Cancelleria in Rome. Various family and commercial occupants occupied different parts of the building until the houses were leased to realtor Harry B. Helmsley in 1978 for renovation as part of the Palace Hotel. The preservation group The Municipal Art Society occupied the building from 2003 to 2010.

10/05/2007 14:51:09
Villard Houses
10/05/2007 14:51:39
Villard Houses
10/05/2007 14:52:07
Villard Houses
10/05/2007 14:52:53
Villard Houses
10/05/2007 15:50:24
Villard Houses

Next: The World Trade Center