Seattle Field Artillery Armory

305 Harrison Street

Seattle,WA 98109

47.621546, -122.350927

Opened: 1939

This Art Moderne structure was built by the New-Deal-era Public Works Administration as a home for the 146th Field Artillery. The building was remodeled during WW II for housing and training. During the 1962 World's Fair, the building was used as the Food Circus, and further renovated in the early 1970s as Center House.

04/12/2011 13:26:54
Armory (Winter House)
04/12/2011 13:45:52
North entrance
04/12/2011 13:46:08
Streamlined stone work and light fixture
04/12/2011 13:46:30
North entrance
04/12/2011 13:46:56
North entry doors
04/12/2011 13:47:12
Art Moderne door handles
04/12/2011 13:47:42
Construction plaque
04/12/2011 13:48:08
Streamlined staircase
04/12/2011 13:48:54
Center House Theatre
04/12/2011 13:50:34
East wall
04/12/2011 13:51:58
Art Moderne
04/12/2011 13:52:58
Southeast corner

Next: Seattle Children's Theatre: Charlotte Martin Theatre