Smith Park

Jackson, MS

This is "Jackson's only surviving public square from Peter Vandorn's original city plan of 1822...The original town plan resembled a chess board with the white squares to be sold for lots and the black squares to remain as parks or open wilderness...Named for James Smith, Scottish manufacturer, Confederate benefactor and Jackson resident, 1834-1855, who donated funds for a fence around the park in 1884." Renovated in the 1970s, obviously.

12/26/2012 16:54:10
Smith Park
12/26/2012 16:53:18
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:40:56
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:41:04
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:41:40
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:41:56
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:46:02
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:51:38
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:52:02
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:52:12
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:52:36
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:56:10
Smith Park
06/02/2013 13:58:06
Smith Park
11/25/2011 13:30:16
Occupy Jackson
11/25/2011 13:30:40
Occupy Jackson
11/25/2011 13:30:50
Occupy Jackson