This line was originally built in 1863 by the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad, and the depot dates from 1901. The CB&Q was merged into the Burlington Northern in 1970, which then was merged into the BNSF in 1996.
Those who have grown up in this packaged world accept such external controls and compulsions as normal: their loss of choice, their loss of taste, they do not even notice, for they have never known anything different. We have now exchanged autonomy for automation. (Lewis Mumford)