CTA Franklin Street Sub-Station
This CTA sub-station on Franklin between Van Buren and Jackson sat underneath the tracks for the defunct Wells Street Terminal. The terminal was completed in 1904 as the Fifth Street Terminal and a 1926 expansion included the construction of this substation. After a operational reorganization when the CTA took over operation in 1947, stub terminals like this became obsolete and the terminal was demolished in 1955. However, the substation remains in operation.