Chicago Cultural Center
The Chicago Cultural Center was designed by the Boston architectural firm Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge. It was completed in 1897 as the city's first central public library. Among the building's numerous ornate features are two stained-glass domes, the southern 38-foot-diameter dome designed by Louis Comfort Tiffany and the northern 40-foot-diameter dome designed by Healey & Millet.
When the library moved South to the Harold Washington Building in 1991, the building was converted to the municipally-operated Chicago Cultural Center, featuring exhibits and performances.