Old Main Post Office
The Old Main Post Office (433 West Van Buren) was designed by Graham, Anderson, Probst and White and built in 1921. A major expansion added nine floors in 1932. Presumably, the facility was oriented around mail trains (it's built over railroad tracks just south of Union Station) and the Postal Service moved to a new truck-friendly facility in 1997. The structure was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001. Congress Parkway passes through the base of the building.