400 South Jefferson (btw. Van Buren and Tilden)
This sturdy, 270,000 square-foot building in the West Loop Canal-Congress TIF District was built in 1946 for the Newman-Rudolph Lithographing Company. The Moderne skin was stripped in a gut renovation for the Sara Lee as the headquarters for their new North American Foodservice (meat) division. ( ref, ref)
The heart is an instrument that, once broken, will never play the same.