MichaelMinn.com

Tarrytown Music Hall

Tarrytown, NY
Opened 1885
Seats 840
http://tarrytownmusichall.org
Built by William L. Wallace, a local chocolate manufacturer, and designed by Phillip Edmunds with Queen Anne decorative brickwork. Originally had a flat interior floor and was used for events as well as concerts and plays. Began showing silent films in 1901. Renovated in 1915 to move the entrance and install a proscenium stage and sloped floor. Renovated in 1925 with an Art Deco interior. Saved from demolition in 1980 by Friends of the Mozartina and established as a center for the performing arts. (5/21/02)

The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it. (Linus Torvalds)