The Turner Opera House opened on January 1, 1866 and the building survived a flood and two fires before being rechristened the Victory Theatre in 1919. Community support saved it from the wrecking ball in 1967. It was purchased by the Victory Theatre Association in 1976 and underwent renovations in 1978 and 1988, gaining it's current name upon reopening in 1989.
Someone drunk and foulmouthed is always popular in the theater...Just look at Falstaff. (Joel Lobenthal)